Eddie Izzard runs into street brawl—and sorts it
COMIC star Eddie Izzard went for a jog and ran straight into a street brawl in London’s East End. The stand-up comedian stepped in to break up the fight outside a pub in Whitechapel
COMIC star Eddie Izzard went for a jog and ran straight into a street brawl in London’s East End.
The 47-year-old TV and stand-up comedian stepped in to break up the fight outside a pub in Whitechapel.
He was running by when he saw a man being kicked in the head by another and decided to stop it, according to a witness.
Police arrived and took away a man wearing baseball-cap. No one was charged.
Eddie just happened to be passing and wanted to help out, according to his spokesman.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network