A Level results 2021: East London Science year-13s 'ready to meet the world'
- Credit: East London Science
The second cohort of Year-13s have managed “brilliant A Level results” at East London Science School which only opened eight years ago.
They’re now “ready to make an impact on the world,” their headteacher believes.
The Year-13s follow last year’s cohort that graduated in 2020 who were the original Year-7s when the school first opened at Bromley-by-Bow in 2012.
“This is an incredibly important moment for our students,” interim principal Mark Taylor said. “Many have had to stand on their own feet intellectually to get to this point.
"They are ready for university and to make a real impact on the world.”
East London Science notched up 38 per cent A* or A grades, while 80pc passes were A*-to-C.
Outstanding results in the sciences included maths, further maths, economics, physics, computer science and biology.
- 1 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 2 Fire breaks out in Bow
- 3 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 4 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 5 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 6 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 7 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 8 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 9 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 10 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
Mohamed Abdulle got an A* and three As and goes on to study law at UCL. He said: "It's been a dream to go to university since I was a boy, the best thing that has happened in my life."
Alim Ahmed got two A*s while Muhamed Cham received A* and two As, Sharusan received two A*s and an A and Umair Khan A* and two As.
There were also outstanding results in the humanities in subjects such as English literature, history and Latin. Kc Roberts-Clarke got two A*s and an A.