A Level results 2021: East London Science year-13s 'ready to meet the world'
- Credit: East London Science
The second cohort of Year-13s have managed “brilliant A Level results” at East London Science School which only opened eight years ago.
They’re now “ready to make an impact on the world,” their headteacher believes.
The Year-13s follow last year’s cohort that graduated in 2020 who were the original Year-7s when the school first opened at Bromley-by-Bow in 2012.
“This is an incredibly important moment for our students,” interim principal Mark Taylor said. “Many have had to stand on their own feet intellectually to get to this point.
"They are ready for university and to make a real impact on the world.”
You may also want to watch:
East London Science notched up 38 per cent A* or A grades, while 80pc passes were A*-to-C.
Outstanding results in the sciences included maths, further maths, economics, physics, computer science and biology.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 9 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
Mohamed Abdulle got an A* and three As and goes on to study law at UCL. He said: "It's been a dream to go to university since I was a boy, the best thing that has happened in my life."
Alim Ahmed got two A*s while Muhamed Cham received A* and two As, Sharusan received two A*s and an A and Umair Khan A* and two As.
There were also outstanding results in the humanities in subjects such as English literature, history and Latin. Kc Roberts-Clarke got two A*s and an A.