Primary school admission deadline closes January 15
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The deadline to apply for a primary school place for your child is next Tuesday.
If your child was born between September 1 2014 and August 31 2015, to ensure they have a place for the school year starting in September, you must apply by January 15.
When you’re filling in the form, you must apply for three schools, listing them in order of preference. Councils will then send confirmations of your child’s place on April 16.
You can ask for your child to be held back a year if they are born in summer, between April 1 and August 31, or if you don’t believe they’ll be ready for school in the September after they’ve turned four.
If your child lives in Tower Hamlets, you should apply for a place through Tower Hamlets Council, but if you want a place at a Tower Hamlets school and live outside the borough, you must apply through your own local authority.
You may also want to watch:
You must always apply for a place, even if your child has a sibling at your chosen school, you live in the catchment area, or your child already goes to the nursery at the chosen school.
For more information and to apply, click here.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 8 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 9 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape