Archant helps young people achieve their aspirations
A NEW programme helping young people into work has been launched.
The Archant Aspiration programme, run by the Advertiser’s publishing company Archant London, offers unemployed 18 to 24-year-old’s a chance to spend 10 weeks working as media trainees at its offices.
Five young people, who all underwent an intensive employability course at East London Business Alliance (ELBA) on the Isle of Dogs, were chosen to take part after a rigorous selection process.
It is hoped that the placements, which started on September 23, will help the trainees build new skills and boost their CV.
And if there are any suitable vacancies at the end of the programme all of the participants will be guaranteed an interview
You may also want to watch:
Trainee Kurshid Alam, 20, based at Archant’s Ilford office, said the initiative was a “fantastic opportunity”.
He added: “I finished a course in IT in January this year and have been struggling to find work since.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
“This programme is a great way of getting a bit of experience and may even lead to a job at the end, which is brilliant. It has also been a lot of fun.”
Archant sales manager, Jackie Ross, said that she was impressed with how the trainees had done so far.
She said: “They’re showing a lot of enthusiasm and are making the most out of this opportunity.”
It is hoped that more Aspiration programmes will be run at Archant in the future.