Archant helps young people achieve their aspirations
A NEW programme helping young people into work has been launched.
The Archant Aspiration programme, run by the Advertiser’s publishing company Archant London, offers unemployed 18 to 24-year-old’s a chance to spend 10 weeks working as media trainees at its offices.
Five young people, who all underwent an intensive employability course at East London Business Alliance (ELBA) on the Isle of Dogs, were chosen to take part after a rigorous selection process.
It is hoped that the placements, which started on September 23, will help the trainees build new skills and boost their CV.
And if there are any suitable vacancies at the end of the programme all of the participants will be guaranteed an interview
Trainee Kurshid Alam, 20, based at Archant’s Ilford office, said the initiative was a “fantastic opportunity”.
He added: “I finished a course in IT in January this year and have been struggling to find work since.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
“This programme is a great way of getting a bit of experience and may even lead to a job at the end, which is brilliant. It has also been a lot of fun.”
Archant sales manager, Jackie Ross, said that she was impressed with how the trainees had done so far.
She said: “They’re showing a lot of enthusiasm and are making the most out of this opportunity.”
It is hoped that more Aspiration programmes will be run at Archant in the future.