Author Cathy Cassidy gives school talk on ‘Coco Caramel’ book at Morpeth Secondary
- Credit: Morpeth Secondary
Best-selling children’s author Cathy Cassidy gave a talk to pupils about “the delicious new book” in her Chocolate Box Series called ‘Coco Caramel’ when she visited London’s East End.
The Award-winning writer’s 45-minute talk was packed by an audience of 300 youngsters at Bethnal Green’s Morpeth Secondary.
Year 7 girls were joined at Morpeth’s Flexi-Space by Year 6 children from five local feeder primary schools—Bonner, Globe, Chisenhale, Mowlem and John Scurr.
Senior Year-10 girls at Morpeth just the day before ran a cake bake for charity, making baked treats inspired by the author’s book jacket designs.
They sold the cakes at lunchtime and raised £241 which was presented to Cathy following her talk, to choose a charity.
You may also want to watch:
The girls heard how her path from magazine journalism led to writing books and publishing, as well as her tips for creative daydreaming, before a short questions-and-answers session. Cathy then signed copies of her new book.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Jobi McAnuff reveals focus is on run-in, rather taking O's job permanently
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick