Author Cathy Cassidy gives school talk on ‘Coco Caramel’ book at Morpeth Secondary
- Credit: Morpeth Secondary
Best-selling children’s author Cathy Cassidy gave a talk to pupils about “the delicious new book” in her Chocolate Box Series called ‘Coco Caramel’ when she visited London’s East End.
The Award-winning writer’s 45-minute talk was packed by an audience of 300 youngsters at Bethnal Green’s Morpeth Secondary.
Year 7 girls were joined at Morpeth’s Flexi-Space by Year 6 children from five local feeder primary schools—Bonner, Globe, Chisenhale, Mowlem and John Scurr.
Senior Year-10 girls at Morpeth just the day before ran a cake bake for charity, making baked treats inspired by the author’s book jacket designs.
They sold the cakes at lunchtime and raised £241 which was presented to Cathy following her talk, to choose a charity.
You may also want to watch:
The girls heard how her path from magazine journalism led to writing books and publishing, as well as her tips for creative daydreaming, before a short questions-and-answers session. Cathy then signed copies of her new book.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel