Author Cathy Cassidy gives school talk on ‘Coco Caramel’ book at Morpeth Secondary
- Credit: Morpeth Secondary
Best-selling children’s author Cathy Cassidy gave a talk to pupils about “the delicious new book” in her Chocolate Box Series called ‘Coco Caramel’ when she visited London’s East End.
The Award-winning writer’s 45-minute talk was packed by an audience of 300 youngsters at Bethnal Green’s Morpeth Secondary.
Year 7 girls were joined at Morpeth’s Flexi-Space by Year 6 children from five local feeder primary schools—Bonner, Globe, Chisenhale, Mowlem and John Scurr.
Senior Year-10 girls at Morpeth just the day before ran a cake bake for charity, making baked treats inspired by the author’s book jacket designs.
They sold the cakes at lunchtime and raised £241 which was presented to Cathy following her talk, to choose a charity.
You may also want to watch:
The girls heard how her path from magazine journalism led to writing books and publishing, as well as her tips for creative daydreaming, before a short questions-and-answers session. Cathy then signed copies of her new book.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End