Baking, crafts and water festivals keep East End kids entertained this summer
With the summer holidays in full swing, young East Enders have been making the most of their time away from the classroom with camping, baking, crafts and many more activities.
The theme this year seems to be al fresco fun and the council has put on a range of activities to encourage parents and kids to make the most of the borough’s stunning outdoor spaces.
Young East Enders were shown the basics of baking at Beth’s Kitchen held in Mile End Park at the end of last month during a chocolate truffle making session.
More are planned for later in the month, with pizza and cheesecake on the bill.
And if that wasn’t sweet enough, they transformed the park into a maze of colourful dens and play areas as they took their hand to building a cardboard city.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, wild animal mask making was the order of the day on Friday (August 5) at the Children’s Pavilion.
The park rangers were on hand to make sure things didn’t get too wild.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
There are still plenty of activities still in the pipeline though, including a water festival, theatre day and t-shirt painting.
Check out the listings below to make sure your precious ones have a sizzling summer.