Baking, crafts and water festivals keep East End kids entertained this summer
With the summer holidays in full swing, young East Enders have been making the most of their time away from the classroom with camping, baking, crafts and many more activities.
The theme this year seems to be al fresco fun and the council has put on a range of activities to encourage parents and kids to make the most of the borough’s stunning outdoor spaces.
Young East Enders were shown the basics of baking at Beth’s Kitchen held in Mile End Park at the end of last month during a chocolate truffle making session.
More are planned for later in the month, with pizza and cheesecake on the bill.
And if that wasn’t sweet enough, they transformed the park into a maze of colourful dens and play areas as they took their hand to building a cardboard city.
Meanwhile, wild animal mask making was the order of the day on Friday (August 5) at the Children’s Pavilion.
The park rangers were on hand to make sure things didn’t get too wild.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 7 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 8 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
There are still plenty of activities still in the pipeline though, including a water festival, theatre day and t-shirt painting.
Check out the listings below to make sure your precious ones have a sizzling summer.