Baking, crafts and water festivals keep East End kids entertained this summer
With the summer holidays in full swing, young East Enders have been making the most of their time away from the classroom with camping, baking, crafts and many more activities.
The theme this year seems to be al fresco fun and the council has put on a range of activities to encourage parents and kids to make the most of the borough’s stunning outdoor spaces.
Young East Enders were shown the basics of baking at Beth’s Kitchen held in Mile End Park at the end of last month during a chocolate truffle making session.
More are planned for later in the month, with pizza and cheesecake on the bill.
And if that wasn’t sweet enough, they transformed the park into a maze of colourful dens and play areas as they took their hand to building a cardboard city.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, wild animal mask making was the order of the day on Friday (August 5) at the Children’s Pavilion.
The park rangers were on hand to make sure things didn’t get too wild.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
There are still plenty of activities still in the pipeline though, including a water festival, theatre day and t-shirt painting.
Check out the listings below to make sure your precious ones have a sizzling summer.