Baking, crafts and water festivals keep East End kids entertained this summer
With the summer holidays in full swing, young East Enders have been making the most of their time away from the classroom with camping, baking, crafts and many more activities.
The theme this year seems to be al fresco fun and the council has put on a range of activities to encourage parents and kids to make the most of the borough’s stunning outdoor spaces.
Young East Enders were shown the basics of baking at Beth’s Kitchen held in Mile End Park at the end of last month during a chocolate truffle making session.
More are planned for later in the month, with pizza and cheesecake on the bill.
And if that wasn’t sweet enough, they transformed the park into a maze of colourful dens and play areas as they took their hand to building a cardboard city.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, wild animal mask making was the order of the day on Friday (August 5) at the Children’s Pavilion.
The park rangers were on hand to make sure things didn’t get too wild.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 9 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
There are still plenty of activities still in the pipeline though, including a water festival, theatre day and t-shirt painting.
Check out the listings below to make sure your precious ones have a sizzling summer.