BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell visits Tower Hamlets College in Poplar
BBC Royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell helped celebrate the training provided by Tower Hamlets College.
The journalist was a guest speaker a launch event last week to celebrate the work of the college’s employer service team and its rebranding as TowerSkills.
TowerSkills, based in East India Dock Road, Poplar, is an employer-focused service assisting businesses in training, developing and recruiting staff.
Mr Witchell said: “It is clear TowerSkills is all it claims to be. This evening I have heard from clients that TowerSkills is a service that listens to an employer’s needs and provides a service in-tune with what they want. The service is tailor-made, flexible and professional.”
The event hosted by HSBC at their headquarters in Canary Wharf also included an award presentation to three apprentices, who have been ‘exemplary’ in the workplace.
Among them were Aqsa Kassum, who is taking part in an IT apprenticeship.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021