BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell visits Tower Hamlets College in Poplar
BBC Royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell helped celebrate the training provided by Tower Hamlets College.
The journalist was a guest speaker a launch event last week to celebrate the work of the college’s employer service team and its rebranding as TowerSkills.
TowerSkills, based in East India Dock Road, Poplar, is an employer-focused service assisting businesses in training, developing and recruiting staff.
Mr Witchell said: “It is clear TowerSkills is all it claims to be. This evening I have heard from clients that TowerSkills is a service that listens to an employer’s needs and provides a service in-tune with what they want. The service is tailor-made, flexible and professional.”
The event hosted by HSBC at their headquarters in Canary Wharf also included an award presentation to three apprentices, who have been ‘exemplary’ in the workplace.
You may also want to watch:
Among them were Aqsa Kassum, who is taking part in an IT apprenticeship.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 3 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 4 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report