BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell visits Tower Hamlets College in Poplar
BBC Royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell helped celebrate the training provided by Tower Hamlets College.
The journalist was a guest speaker a launch event last week to celebrate the work of the college’s employer service team and its rebranding as TowerSkills.
TowerSkills, based in East India Dock Road, Poplar, is an employer-focused service assisting businesses in training, developing and recruiting staff.
Mr Witchell said: “It is clear TowerSkills is all it claims to be. This evening I have heard from clients that TowerSkills is a service that listens to an employer’s needs and provides a service in-tune with what they want. The service is tailor-made, flexible and professional.”
The event hosted by HSBC at their headquarters in Canary Wharf also included an award presentation to three apprentices, who have been ‘exemplary’ in the workplace.
You may also want to watch:
Among them were Aqsa Kassum, who is taking part in an IT apprenticeship.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 8 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 9 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape