BBC’s Robert Peston passes on tips to Shadwell school children
- Credit: Archant
BBC business editor Robert Peston has warned school children they will have to work hard to succeed in tough economic times.
Speaking to pupils at Bishop Challoner Federated Catholic School in Shadwell, Mr Peston said: “The particular challenge facing youngsters today is the state of our economy.
“It’s not a great background in which to start a career but it is still one in which you can succeed if you apply yourself.”
Thursday’s visit was part of the finance guru’s Speakers for Schools programme.
He was joined at the school, in Commercial Road, by other leading business figures, as well as young media and film entrepreneur Jamal Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
The visit was also streamed live to other schools around the country in a bid to widen the audience who have the chance to hear inspirational speakers.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week