BBC’s Robert Peston passes on tips to Shadwell school children
- Credit: Archant
BBC business editor Robert Peston has warned school children they will have to work hard to succeed in tough economic times.
Speaking to pupils at Bishop Challoner Federated Catholic School in Shadwell, Mr Peston said: “The particular challenge facing youngsters today is the state of our economy.
“It’s not a great background in which to start a career but it is still one in which you can succeed if you apply yourself.”
Thursday’s visit was part of the finance guru’s Speakers for Schools programme.
He was joined at the school, in Commercial Road, by other leading business figures, as well as young media and film entrepreneur Jamal Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
The visit was also streamed live to other schools around the country in a bid to widen the audience who have the chance to hear inspirational speakers.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones