BBC’s Robert Peston passes on tips to Shadwell school children
- Credit: Archant
BBC business editor Robert Peston has warned school children they will have to work hard to succeed in tough economic times.
Speaking to pupils at Bishop Challoner Federated Catholic School in Shadwell, Mr Peston said: “The particular challenge facing youngsters today is the state of our economy.
“It’s not a great background in which to start a career but it is still one in which you can succeed if you apply yourself.”
Thursday’s visit was part of the finance guru’s Speakers for Schools programme.
He was joined at the school, in Commercial Road, by other leading business figures, as well as young media and film entrepreneur Jamal Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
The visit was also streamed live to other schools around the country in a bid to widen the audience who have the chance to hear inspirational speakers.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs