BBC’s Robert Peston passes on tips to Shadwell school children
- Credit: Archant
BBC business editor Robert Peston has warned school children they will have to work hard to succeed in tough economic times.
Speaking to pupils at Bishop Challoner Federated Catholic School in Shadwell, Mr Peston said: “The particular challenge facing youngsters today is the state of our economy.
“It’s not a great background in which to start a career but it is still one in which you can succeed if you apply yourself.”
Thursday’s visit was part of the finance guru’s Speakers for Schools programme.
He was joined at the school, in Commercial Road, by other leading business figures, as well as young media and film entrepreneur Jamal Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
The visit was also streamed live to other schools around the country in a bid to widen the audience who have the chance to hear inspirational speakers.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow