Bethnal Green and Bow’s MP opens playground at Hague Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Bethnal Green and Bow’s MP opened a new primary school playground in Bethnal Green.
Rushanara Ali cut the ribbon of Hague Primary’s new play area, which includes an insect house, mud kitchen, benches and covered walkway.
The space was built in one day by volunteers from taxi company Gett and members of social responsibility group Fusion Community Initiatives.
The MP said: “It’s an honour to cut the ribbon and welcome the pupils of Hague Primary School into the new recreational space. A special thank you is in order for the teams at Gett and Fusion, who helped realise the school’s vision for a more stimulating playground.”
Headteacher Judy Coles said: “Words cannot express our joy in hosting such an enjoyable and successful build project. We have not only have gained some wonderful new equipment but also learned a huge amount on how to build successful teams.”
You may also want to watch:
The space will be used by the school’s 220 pupils.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report