Bethnal Green and Bow’s MP opens playground at Hague Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Bethnal Green and Bow’s MP opened a new primary school playground in Bethnal Green.
Rushanara Ali cut the ribbon of Hague Primary’s new play area, which includes an insect house, mud kitchen, benches and covered walkway.
The space was built in one day by volunteers from taxi company Gett and members of social responsibility group Fusion Community Initiatives.
The MP said: “It’s an honour to cut the ribbon and welcome the pupils of Hague Primary School into the new recreational space. A special thank you is in order for the teams at Gett and Fusion, who helped realise the school’s vision for a more stimulating playground.”
Headteacher Judy Coles said: “Words cannot express our joy in hosting such an enjoyable and successful build project. We have not only have gained some wonderful new equipment but also learned a huge amount on how to build successful teams.”
You may also want to watch:
The space will be used by the school’s 220 pupils.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids