Bethnal Green and Bow’s MP opens playground at Hague Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Bethnal Green and Bow’s MP opened a new primary school playground in Bethnal Green.
Rushanara Ali cut the ribbon of Hague Primary’s new play area, which includes an insect house, mud kitchen, benches and covered walkway.
The space was built in one day by volunteers from taxi company Gett and members of social responsibility group Fusion Community Initiatives.
The MP said: “It’s an honour to cut the ribbon and welcome the pupils of Hague Primary School into the new recreational space. A special thank you is in order for the teams at Gett and Fusion, who helped realise the school’s vision for a more stimulating playground.”
Headteacher Judy Coles said: “Words cannot express our joy in hosting such an enjoyable and successful build project. We have not only have gained some wonderful new equipment but also learned a huge amount on how to build successful teams.”
You may also want to watch:
The space will be used by the school’s 220 pupils.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 8 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water