A-level results: Cambridge calling for Bishop Challoner pupil
- Credit: James Johnston
A Bishop Challoner Sixth Form pupil will be heading to Cambridge after achieving four A* grades in his A-levels.
Hakimul Islam will be reading law at St John's College and said: "I'm exhilarated to be starting at Cambridge in October.
"I couldn't have done this without all the support I received from my teachers and the sixth form staff."
He was among 29 per cent of pupils at the school to receive an A or A* grade, with 52pc of all grades at A*-B.
Destinations for his classmates include top universities Warwick, Imperial and King's College London, while others have also secured apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
Executive principal Richard Fitzgerald said: "I am delighted to see so many of our young people achieve so very well and we are all proud to see them go on to the bright futures they deserve.
"That they have done so is a tribute to their efforts, those of their excellent teachers and the tremendous support that the parents at our school always offer. We wish them all the greatest of success in their future studies."
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals