Bow graduate cracks tough market to land dream job
A GRADUATE who was finding it impossible to get a job has landed her dream position at top City firm JP Morgan.
Fahmida Khanom, 22, from Bromley-by-Bow, has been offered a role in institutional reporting at the investment firm based in Canary Wharf.
Fahmida said she owes her success to the City of London Corporation ‘Steps to Success’ programme which gives London graduates from minority backgrounds the help and training they need to gain employment.
David Pack, Partnerships Manager at the City of London Corporation, said: “The employment market is still tough for graduates, as the number of applications for each place increases.
“This programme offers a foot up the highly competitive career ladder to talented black and Asian graduates, helping them make inroads into one of the toughest graduate recruitment markets in years.”
You may also want to watch:
Fahmida won a place on the programme after being left facing the all too familiar problem to graduates of struggling to a get a job.
It offers specialist training including mock interviews, tests, and assessment days to prepare graduates for the recruitment process.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
Although Fahmida completed the course in 2009, she was still able to meet up with one of her ‘Steps to Success’ mentors to run through a mock interview and answers she had prepared with him, before her real interview.
She said: “He gave me tips on other questions I might be asked which was really useful.
“I was nervous about it, but because I had been through a similar process on the programme, I knew what to expect so could take it in my stride and ended up getting my dream job.”