Canary Wharf College to open second free school in 2014
Canary Wharf College will be opening a second free school next September after getting the go-ahead from the Department for Education.
The new and additional, Canary Wharf College 2, will open as a free school with a Christian ethos for children in Reception and Year 1. It will have 20 children to a class.
A spokeswoman for the college said it will have with an innovative curriculum and there is already substantial interest in the school.
She said the progressive step by the DfE recognises the importance and vital role an additional Canary Wharf College will have in helping to alleviate the high demand for school places on the Isle of Dogs.
The second College is being formed by the Canary Wharf College Trust who run Canary Wharf College in Docklands.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for places at the College in 2014 should be made in accordance with the local authority’s co-ordinated admission arrangements, and should be made on the Common Application Form provided by the Tower Hamlets Local Authority where the child lives.
For more information on the college visit www.canarywharfcollege.co.uk.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 10 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'