Canary Wharf College to open second free school in 2014
Canary Wharf College will be opening a second free school next September after getting the go-ahead from the Department for Education.
The new and additional, Canary Wharf College 2, will open as a free school with a Christian ethos for children in Reception and Year 1. It will have 20 children to a class.
A spokeswoman for the college said it will have with an innovative curriculum and there is already substantial interest in the school.
She said the progressive step by the DfE recognises the importance and vital role an additional Canary Wharf College will have in helping to alleviate the high demand for school places on the Isle of Dogs.
The second College is being formed by the Canary Wharf College Trust who run Canary Wharf College in Docklands.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for places at the College in 2014 should be made in accordance with the local authority’s co-ordinated admission arrangements, and should be made on the Common Application Form provided by the Tower Hamlets Local Authority where the child lives.
For more information on the college visit www.canarywharfcollege.co.uk.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted