Canary Wharf splashes out in colour for London’s gay pride
- Credit: Sean Pollock/Canary Wharf
Splashes of rainbow have appeared all over the Canary Wharf business and shopping district for London’s ‘Pride’ celebrations.
The steps leading into the Canary Wharf estate and 11 pedestrian crossings have been emblazoned with iconic rainbow colours.
Even the security dogs have been seen on patrol kitted out in rainbow ribbons.
It's all to support the LGTBQ community marking the turning point in equality in society following Saturday's 'Pride in London' parade in Trafalgar Square.
The familiar rainbow flag associated with the gay community was even raised at Canary Wharf tube station for the first time, while pink, purple and blue appeared on signs and the familiar TfL roundels.
You may also want to watch:
A week of free events have been taking place across east London raising awareness of the community and its campaign for equal rights.
A 'Pride Comedy' night is being staged tonight at Poplar Union at 7pm with performances from Charlie George, Krishna Istha, Elf Lyons, Dom Patmore, Annabel Pribelski and Amelia Stubberfield.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Jobi McAnuff reveals focus is on run-in, rather taking O's job permanently
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
It is a free event suitable for adult audiences and includes a fundraising raffle.
Poplar Union is also screening the Oscar-winning movie A Fantastic Woman on July 20 at 8pm.
Events have been held across east London following last Sunday's Picnic in the Park' in Victoria Park.