Canines are ready to get their paws on ‘Canary Woof’ dogshow award at Limehouse
- Credit: Limefest
Tongues and tails are wagging ready for this year’s ‘Canary Woof’ dog show part of the fifth annual LIMEfest.
The July 1 festival at Ropemakers Fields in Limehouse includes the big day for canines at 12 noon with a display from dog-trainer Maria Ruiz and her rescue animal Gus.
Dog-owners can enter their pets for the ‘Canary Woof’ competition with nine awards for dogs to get their paws on, like ‘Mr Canary Woof’, ‘Miss Canary Woof’ which is a bit of a bitch, ‘young handler’ and ‘best fancy dress’.
Drinking water is being provided around the showground. But there are “no bitches in season” allowed.
Animals have to be on a lead and any signs of aggression means they must be muzzled or leave the showground.
You may also want to watch:
There is a designated doggy doo-doo area and owners are asked to “remember to pick up your dog poo”, while ‘poo bags’ are available at the registration desk if they run out.
The show supporting two charities also has 10 stalls with the latest for discerning dog lovers, with donations going to both All Dogs Matter and Pets as Therapy.
The annual LIMEfest organised by Limehouse Community Forum and London Link Properties has live music from the Craicheads, Variety Bunker and Gator Dog Snappers, and has a KidZone with face painting, bell ringing and ice cream.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder