GCSE results: 10 grade 9s for Central Foundation Girls’ School pupil
- Credit: Archant
Ten grade 9s have placed a Central Foundation Girls’ School pupil in the top 0.1 per cent of GCSE results in the country.
Tahseen Humaira was the top achiever at the Bow Road, Mile End school, where 30 per cent of pupils achieved five or more top grades (7-9) - the equivalent of A*- A.
Overall, 78 per cent of pupils achieved a good pass, with 58 per cent earning a strong pass.
Headteacher Esther Holland said: "We are extremely proud of the achievements of all our students.
"This year we have seen an exceptional set of results, which reflect the high standards we set for all our students and the dedication of staff and students."
You may also want to watch:
It follows exceptional results for the school in A-level, when it recorded a 100 per cent rate and maintained its poll position as a top 10 per cent six form nationally.
In A-levels, 90 per cent of pupils achieved A*-C grades, and 64 per cent earned A*-B, with a record number securing university places.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids