GCSE results: 10 grade 9s for Central Foundation Girls’ School pupil
- Credit: Archant
Ten grade 9s have placed a Central Foundation Girls’ School pupil in the top 0.1 per cent of GCSE results in the country.
Tahseen Humaira was the top achiever at the Bow Road, Mile End school, where 30 per cent of pupils achieved five or more top grades (7-9) - the equivalent of A*- A.
Overall, 78 per cent of pupils achieved a good pass, with 58 per cent earning a strong pass.
Headteacher Esther Holland said: "We are extremely proud of the achievements of all our students.
"This year we have seen an exceptional set of results, which reflect the high standards we set for all our students and the dedication of staff and students."
You may also want to watch:
It follows exceptional results for the school in A-level, when it recorded a 100 per cent rate and maintained its poll position as a top 10 per cent six form nationally.
In A-levels, 90 per cent of pupils achieved A*-C grades, and 64 per cent earned A*-B, with a record number securing university places.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor