GCSE results: 10 grade 9s for Central Foundation Girls’ School pupil
- Credit: Archant
Ten grade 9s have placed a Central Foundation Girls’ School pupil in the top 0.1 per cent of GCSE results in the country.
Tahseen Humaira was the top achiever at the Bow Road, Mile End school, where 30 per cent of pupils achieved five or more top grades (7-9) - the equivalent of A*- A.
Overall, 78 per cent of pupils achieved a good pass, with 58 per cent earning a strong pass.
Headteacher Esther Holland said: "We are extremely proud of the achievements of all our students.
"This year we have seen an exceptional set of results, which reflect the high standards we set for all our students and the dedication of staff and students."
You may also want to watch:
It follows exceptional results for the school in A-level, when it recorded a 100 per cent rate and maintained its poll position as a top 10 per cent six form nationally.
In A-levels, 90 per cent of pupils achieved A*-C grades, and 64 per cent earned A*-B, with a record number securing university places.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water