Chance to play key role in future of world’s largest remaining tidal mill
The world’s largest remaining Tidal Mill is looking for local trustees to help the Grade I listed tourist and educational site move forward.
Tree Mills has secured a �2.65m Heritage Lottery Fund grant to help it restore the 18th century mill, create a sustainable visitor attraction and generate hydro-electricity using a unique combination of technologies spanning four centuries.
The Lea tidal Mill Trust wants to recruit trustees with skills and experience in business management, education, funding, law and marketing. The trust is currently eight members strong but would like a team of up to 14 with each trustee having a special area of interest.
Trustee Beverley Charters said: “Once the works are completed, the House Mill and Miller’s House will have more frequent opening hours, a more extensive visitor, education and community offer, and the House Mill heritage machinery will be working.
“So these are exciting times and we wish to extend our board to enable us to confidently move forward to deliver this project and remain sustainable ourselves.”
You may also want to watch:
Trustee from Tower Hamlets and Newham, but not exclusively, are particularly welcomed as the mill island borders both boroughs, she said.
The trust is also looking for advisers in the areas identified who might be willing to assist us on a more informal basis.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
CV and covering letter should be sent to email@example.com and addressed to Beverley Charters