Chance to play key role in future of world’s largest remaining tidal mill
The world’s largest remaining Tidal Mill is looking for local trustees to help the Grade I listed tourist and educational site move forward.
Tree Mills has secured a �2.65m Heritage Lottery Fund grant to help it restore the 18th century mill, create a sustainable visitor attraction and generate hydro-electricity using a unique combination of technologies spanning four centuries.
The Lea tidal Mill Trust wants to recruit trustees with skills and experience in business management, education, funding, law and marketing. The trust is currently eight members strong but would like a team of up to 14 with each trustee having a special area of interest.
Trustee Beverley Charters said: “Once the works are completed, the House Mill and Miller’s House will have more frequent opening hours, a more extensive visitor, education and community offer, and the House Mill heritage machinery will be working.
“So these are exciting times and we wish to extend our board to enable us to confidently move forward to deliver this project and remain sustainable ourselves.”
Trustee from Tower Hamlets and Newham, but not exclusively, are particularly welcomed as the mill island borders both boroughs, she said.
The trust is also looking for advisers in the areas identified who might be willing to assist us on a more informal basis.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 2 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 3 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 10 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Beverley Charters