Chance to play key role in future of world’s largest remaining tidal mill
The world’s largest remaining Tidal Mill is looking for local trustees to help the Grade I listed tourist and educational site move forward.
Tree Mills has secured a �2.65m Heritage Lottery Fund grant to help it restore the 18th century mill, create a sustainable visitor attraction and generate hydro-electricity using a unique combination of technologies spanning four centuries.
The Lea tidal Mill Trust wants to recruit trustees with skills and experience in business management, education, funding, law and marketing. The trust is currently eight members strong but would like a team of up to 14 with each trustee having a special area of interest.
Trustee Beverley Charters said: “Once the works are completed, the House Mill and Miller’s House will have more frequent opening hours, a more extensive visitor, education and community offer, and the House Mill heritage machinery will be working.
“So these are exciting times and we wish to extend our board to enable us to confidently move forward to deliver this project and remain sustainable ourselves.”
You may also want to watch:
Trustee from Tower Hamlets and Newham, but not exclusively, are particularly welcomed as the mill island borders both boroughs, she said.
The trust is also looking for advisers in the areas identified who might be willing to assist us on a more informal basis.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Beverley Charters