Chubby kids on cycle of fitness to get rid of the fat
CHUBBY kids on bikes cycled their way to fitness with a programme aimed at tackling child obesity in London’s East End. The 28 youngsters aged 11 to 16 rode into Mile End Park for a programme to help them get fit and lose weight
CHUBBY kids on bikes cycled their way to fitness with a programme aimed at tackling child obesity in London's East End.
The 28 youngsters aged 11 to 16 rode into Mile End Park for a programme to help them get fit and lose weight.
Other activities included climbing, football and basketball.
Parents were also being encouraged to join in the 10-week programme of sports, diet and motivation classes run twice weekly by in Tower Hamlets council.
You may also want to watch:
The Monday cycle classes are at the Mile End activity centre, which also has outdoor adventures for teenagers including canoeing and archery.
Kids are being encouraged to keep healthy by joining a weekly activity club. Tower Hamlets faces one of the country's worst rates of child obesity, according to NHS statistics.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 5 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences