Chubby kids on cycle of fitness to get rid of the fat
CHUBBY kids on bikes cycled their way to fitness with a programme aimed at tackling child obesity in London’s East End. The 28 youngsters aged 11 to 16 rode into Mile End Park for a programme to help them get fit and lose weight
CHUBBY kids on bikes cycled their way to fitness with a programme aimed at tackling child obesity in London's East End.
The 28 youngsters aged 11 to 16 rode into Mile End Park for a programme to help them get fit and lose weight.
Other activities included climbing, football and basketball.
Parents were also being encouraged to join in the 10-week programme of sports, diet and motivation classes run twice weekly by in Tower Hamlets council.
You may also want to watch:
The Monday cycle classes are at the Mile End activity centre, which also has outdoor adventures for teenagers including canoeing and archery.
Kids are being encouraged to keep healthy by joining a weekly activity club. Tower Hamlets faces one of the country's worst rates of child obesity, according to NHS statistics.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor