Chubby kids on cycle of fitness to get rid of the fat
CHUBBY kids on bikes cycled their way to fitness with a programme aimed at tackling child obesity in London’s East End. The 28 youngsters aged 11 to 16 rode into Mile End Park for a programme to help them get fit and lose weight
CHUBBY kids on bikes cycled their way to fitness with a programme aimed at tackling child obesity in London's East End.
The 28 youngsters aged 11 to 16 rode into Mile End Park for a programme to help them get fit and lose weight.
Other activities included climbing, football and basketball.
Parents were also being encouraged to join in the 10-week programme of sports, diet and motivation classes run twice weekly by in Tower Hamlets council.
You may also want to watch:
The Monday cycle classes are at the Mile End activity centre, which also has outdoor adventures for teenagers including canoeing and archery.
Kids are being encouraged to keep healthy by joining a weekly activity club. Tower Hamlets faces one of the country's worst rates of child obesity, according to NHS statistics.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Nine women charged following Canary Wharf protest
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Architect's view: 'London City Island is like a kooky futuristic city'
- 9 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 10 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute