Cutting edge designs on display at Bethnal Green hair style awards
- Credit: Joshua Galvin Academy
Huge hairdos and big barnets were on the agenda as young stylists from across the capital came to the east end for the finals of a major hair competition.
The talented youngsters gathered at Bethnal Green Town Hall on Sunday, September 25, to take part in the event, which was organised by the Joshua Galvin Academy.
The academy, which offers hairdressing apprenticeships at their Hollybush Gardens studio, in Bethnal Green, asked the trainees to produce Avant Garde looks which could be termed ‘What’s Hot’.
Trainees from salons across the city submitted pictures of their entries and a panel made up of celebrity hairdressers, including Andrew Barton, selected entrants for the grand final.
Head judge Michelle Saward, who also runs the Joshua Galvin Academy, said she was ‘delighted’ to hold the event in the town hall.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time the finals have been hosted at the Bethnal Green Town hall and we were delighted to be able to hold the event somewhere so local to our centre,” said Michelle.
“This year the competition attracted a record number of learners and we were thrilled that the finalist had such stunning surroundings in which to show off their creativity and talent.”
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
The competition was won by 21-year-old Lillie Sutton from Essex.