Cutting edge designs on display at Bethnal Green hair style awards
- Credit: Joshua Galvin Academy
Huge hairdos and big barnets were on the agenda as young stylists from across the capital came to the east end for the finals of a major hair competition.
The talented youngsters gathered at Bethnal Green Town Hall on Sunday, September 25, to take part in the event, which was organised by the Joshua Galvin Academy.
The academy, which offers hairdressing apprenticeships at their Hollybush Gardens studio, in Bethnal Green, asked the trainees to produce Avant Garde looks which could be termed ‘What’s Hot’.
Trainees from salons across the city submitted pictures of their entries and a panel made up of celebrity hairdressers, including Andrew Barton, selected entrants for the grand final.
Head judge Michelle Saward, who also runs the Joshua Galvin Academy, said she was ‘delighted’ to hold the event in the town hall.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time the finals have been hosted at the Bethnal Green Town hall and we were delighted to be able to hold the event somewhere so local to our centre,” said Michelle.
“This year the competition attracted a record number of learners and we were thrilled that the finalist had such stunning surroundings in which to show off their creativity and talent.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
The competition was won by 21-year-old Lillie Sutton from Essex.