Cutting edge designs on display at Bethnal Green hair style awards
- Credit: Joshua Galvin Academy
Huge hairdos and big barnets were on the agenda as young stylists from across the capital came to the east end for the finals of a major hair competition.
The talented youngsters gathered at Bethnal Green Town Hall on Sunday, September 25, to take part in the event, which was organised by the Joshua Galvin Academy.
The academy, which offers hairdressing apprenticeships at their Hollybush Gardens studio, in Bethnal Green, asked the trainees to produce Avant Garde looks which could be termed ‘What’s Hot’.
Trainees from salons across the city submitted pictures of their entries and a panel made up of celebrity hairdressers, including Andrew Barton, selected entrants for the grand final.
Head judge Michelle Saward, who also runs the Joshua Galvin Academy, said she was ‘delighted’ to hold the event in the town hall.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time the finals have been hosted at the Bethnal Green Town hall and we were delighted to be able to hold the event somewhere so local to our centre,” said Michelle.
“This year the competition attracted a record number of learners and we were thrilled that the finalist had such stunning surroundings in which to show off their creativity and talent.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The competition was won by 21-year-old Lillie Sutton from Essex.