Docklands pub is named the best place for dining in London
A 250 year old pub on the Isle of Dogs has been awarded the best dining pub in London.
The Gun at Coldharbour was last week named the ‘Best County Dining Pub of the Year’ by The Good Pub Guide 2012.
The Gun, which is part of gastro empire, ETM, owned by brothers Tom and Ed Martin, won as a result of reader reviews and an anonymous inspection by guide editors.
Edior Fiona Stapley said: “We look at pubs that source their ingredients carefully and put together a geniunely interesting and imaginative menu. It also becomes clear when a pub is on absolute top form because our readers’ enthusiastic reports back this up.”
Tom Martin said: “We are absolutely delighted. It’s a testament to the fantastic team we have. It’s great to be recognised for using good quality British ingredients and preparing seasonal menus.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gun has already won a string of prestigious awards including Time Out’s Best Gastro Pub 2006/07 and The UK’s Best Sunday Lunch by The Publican 2007.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns