Careers advice on offer to students in east London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
An online programme is offering youngsters tips on how to get on the career ladder in engineering, media and more.
The initiative aimed at 15 to 18-year-olds is the result of a collaboration between the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), BBC, UCL, UAL's London College of Fashion, V&A and Sadler's Wells.
Alan Davey, controller of BBC Radio 3, said: "We are thrilled to come together with our partners to offer young people insider knowledge and tangible insight into working in the creative industries."
Students in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest can take part in East Careers Week from March 1-5.
There are sessions from BBC Music Introducing, Sadler’s Wells Theatre, UCL, UAL's London College of Fashion and the V&A.
You may also want to watch:
Here East, Liverpool Media Academy, Staffordshire University and Art Clubbers are also taking part.
To find out more visit the the East Careers webpage.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets