Careers advice on offer to students in east London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
An online programme is offering youngsters tips on how to get on the career ladder in engineering, media and more.
The initiative aimed at 15 to 18-year-olds is the result of a collaboration between the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), BBC, UCL, UAL's London College of Fashion, V&A and Sadler's Wells.
Alan Davey, controller of BBC Radio 3, said: "We are thrilled to come together with our partners to offer young people insider knowledge and tangible insight into working in the creative industries."
Students in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest can take part in East Careers Week from March 1-5.
There are sessions from BBC Music Introducing, Sadler’s Wells Theatre, UCL, UAL's London College of Fashion and the V&A.
You may also want to watch:
Here East, Liverpool Media Academy, Staffordshire University and Art Clubbers are also taking part.
To find out more visit the the East Careers webpage.
- 1 Stepney Green hero volunteering seven days a week since pandemic began
- 2 Arrests as police step up drugs raids
- 3 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 4 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Why Tower Hamlets should be a 'royal' borough after Covid
- 6 Leyton Orient manager Jobi McAnuff admits they were second best in every area
- 7 'War of words' at Tower Hamlets cabinet meeting stops library closures
- 8 Hunt for three men after 90-year-old's Bethnal Green home is burgled
- 9 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?
- 10 Leyton Orient suffer heavy defeat in Devon