East End dancers show off their steps
PERFORMING arts students showed off their dance skills at an end of term show to mark their achievement.
Organised by dance tutor Annarita Mazzilli, the event last month, highlighted the impressive moves students had picked during dance classes offered by Tower Hamlets Council’s Lifelong Learning Service.
Pupils took part in a range of classes last term from Ballet, Flamenco, African dance and Jazz right through to Urban Mix and Street dance.
Students who took part in the singing course – Free Your Voice - also joined in the celebrations. The audience was also invited to try out different dances by taking part in taster sessions with the performers.
Fiona Paterson, Head of Adult and Community Education at Tower Hamlets council who attended the event said: “Dancing is an enjoyable and fun way to get fit and make new friends. I really enjoyed the show and it was good fun to try out some of the dances too.
You may also want to watch:
“The show also demonstrated the diverse range of dance courses available in the borough and there is a great choice for everyone, not just salsa!”
The council offers hundreds of courses through its Lifelong Learning Service to suit all tastes and abilities.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
Courses are held throughout the borough at a range of venues including schools, community centres, Idea Stores and learning centres.
Contact Lifelong Learning Service on 020 7364 5665 or drop into an Idea Store to enrol.