East London group offers top tips for career success
- Credit: Archant
East London Business Alliance is offering tips to help job seekers succeed:
- Look for hidden vacancies as employers don’t advertise all their positions and will try to fill roles through their contacts and network.
- Making a prospective application is a good way of getting yourself into an employer’s network and on to their radar. Don’t forget to use your network – past employers, colleagues, friends, family and other contacts.
- Post your CV online so that recruiting employers can find you, meaning you could attract their attention even when you’re not actively targeting them.
- Have a strategy of the kind of firm you want to work for and start building a network of people who can help. Make time to go to industry events and keep connected to your contacts with LinkedIn.
You may also want to watch:
- Although rejection while job hunting can begin to affect your confidence and motivation, it is vital to stay positive and remember that you develop and learn with every application and interview.
- Keep your up-to-date CV to hand and make sure that your voicemail is professional. Have an “elevator pitch” prepared and know your chosen industry inside out.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
Job searching can be a numbers game, but don’t let the quality of your applications suffer at the hand of quantity.
For more information visit elba-1.org.uk.