East London group offers top tips for career success
- Credit: Archant
East London Business Alliance is offering tips to help job seekers succeed:
- Look for hidden vacancies as employers don’t advertise all their positions and will try to fill roles through their contacts and network.
- Making a prospective application is a good way of getting yourself into an employer’s network and on to their radar. Don’t forget to use your network – past employers, colleagues, friends, family and other contacts.
- Post your CV online so that recruiting employers can find you, meaning you could attract their attention even when you’re not actively targeting them.
- Have a strategy of the kind of firm you want to work for and start building a network of people who can help. Make time to go to industry events and keep connected to your contacts with LinkedIn.
You may also want to watch:
- Although rejection while job hunting can begin to affect your confidence and motivation, it is vital to stay positive and remember that you develop and learn with every application and interview.
- Keep your up-to-date CV to hand and make sure that your voicemail is professional. Have an “elevator pitch” prepared and know your chosen industry inside out.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
Job searching can be a numbers game, but don’t let the quality of your applications suffer at the hand of quantity.
For more information visit elba-1.org.uk.