GCSE results: East London Science School principal ‘jubilant’ at pupils’ success
- Credit: Archant
A school principal has praised his pupils following their success in this year’s GCSE results.
David Perks, who is in charge at East London Science School in Three Mill Lane, Bromley by Bow, reported feeling jubilant at the grades.
Mr Perks said: “Our pupils should be really proud of their achievements. They have studied a range of rigorous academic subjects and have excelled across the board.
“I am particularly delighted that 10 of our pupils achieved straight 9s in the three separate sciences.”
He added that a special mention should go to Gabriel Perez-Pineda who scooped 9s in 11 of his subjects and Perdie Hibbins who achieved 9s in 10.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no doubt that these pupils will go on to do extraordinary things in the future,” he said.
Fellow pupil, Ammar Adam, achieved 9s in computer science, German and electronics.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
And Blossom Okparocha achieved 9s in computer science, astronomy and German while Esther James was awarded 9s in Latin, computer science and German.
“I wish all of our pupils the best of luck in their future,” Mr Perks said.