Free jobs fair for Tower Hamlets teenagers
A free careers fair for teenagers is set to introduce unemployed young people to potential employers next Thursday (January 17).
Recruiters from a number of businesses, including Barclays Bank and St John’s Ambulance Service, will be at the ‘Your Next Move’ event for 16 to 19-year-olds who are not currently in work, education or training. People up to the age of 25 who have special educational needs are also invited to attend.
The young people will also be able to meet representatives from Tower Hamlets College and other education providers, and will be invited to participate in workshops to learn how to write a CV and prepare for an interview.
The event is being hosted by Tower Hamlets Council at Limehouse Youth Centre, Limehouse Causeway, from 11am-2.30pm.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “I am committed to supporting our young people into training, apprenticeships and paid employment which is why we are hosting the jobs fair.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important to provide help and support to enable young people to get their foot into the world of employment.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park