Free jobs fair for Tower Hamlets teenagers
A free careers fair for teenagers is set to introduce unemployed young people to potential employers next Thursday (January 17).
Recruiters from a number of businesses, including Barclays Bank and St John’s Ambulance Service, will be at the ‘Your Next Move’ event for 16 to 19-year-olds who are not currently in work, education or training. People up to the age of 25 who have special educational needs are also invited to attend.
The young people will also be able to meet representatives from Tower Hamlets College and other education providers, and will be invited to participate in workshops to learn how to write a CV and prepare for an interview.
The event is being hosted by Tower Hamlets Council at Limehouse Youth Centre, Limehouse Causeway, from 11am-2.30pm.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “I am committed to supporting our young people into training, apprenticeships and paid employment which is why we are hosting the jobs fair.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important to provide help and support to enable young people to get their foot into the world of employment.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020