Free jobs fair for Tower Hamlets teenagers
A free careers fair for teenagers is set to introduce unemployed young people to potential employers next Thursday (January 17).
Recruiters from a number of businesses, including Barclays Bank and St John’s Ambulance Service, will be at the ‘Your Next Move’ event for 16 to 19-year-olds who are not currently in work, education or training. People up to the age of 25 who have special educational needs are also invited to attend.
The young people will also be able to meet representatives from Tower Hamlets College and other education providers, and will be invited to participate in workshops to learn how to write a CV and prepare for an interview.
The event is being hosted by Tower Hamlets Council at Limehouse Youth Centre, Limehouse Causeway, from 11am-2.30pm.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “I am committed to supporting our young people into training, apprenticeships and paid employment which is why we are hosting the jobs fair.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important to provide help and support to enable young people to get their foot into the world of employment.”
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow