Free jobs fair for Tower Hamlets teenagers
A free careers fair for teenagers is set to introduce unemployed young people to potential employers next Thursday (January 17).
Recruiters from a number of businesses, including Barclays Bank and St John’s Ambulance Service, will be at the ‘Your Next Move’ event for 16 to 19-year-olds who are not currently in work, education or training. People up to the age of 25 who have special educational needs are also invited to attend.
The young people will also be able to meet representatives from Tower Hamlets College and other education providers, and will be invited to participate in workshops to learn how to write a CV and prepare for an interview.
The event is being hosted by Tower Hamlets Council at Limehouse Youth Centre, Limehouse Causeway, from 11am-2.30pm.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “I am committed to supporting our young people into training, apprenticeships and paid employment which is why we are hosting the jobs fair.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important to provide help and support to enable young people to get their foot into the world of employment.”
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears