Gay and lesbian talk with writer Roz Kaveney in mile End this evening
Rainbow Hamlets, a lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender forum in Tower Hamlets, have teamed up with Bancroft Library for a talk this evening with writer and editor Roz Kaveney.
The human rights activist, poet, journalist, and cultural commentator will be in conversation with Rainbow Hamlets’, co-chair Jack Gilbert, about ‘four decades of queer life and art’.
The event promises to be personal, thought-provoking, amusing and uplifting.
Chair of the Lesbian and Gay Newsmedia Archive in Spitalfields, Robert Thompson, will kick off the evening by looking at the changing representations of LGBT people in the East End, and nationally in broadsheets and the tabloid press since the early twentieth century.
Doors for the event at Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives on Bancroft Road in Mile End, open at 6pm. Mr Thompson introduction is at 6.30pm and the conversation with
You may also want to watch:
Roz Kaveney and Jack Gilbert starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel