Gay and lesbian talk with writer Roz Kaveney in mile End this evening
Rainbow Hamlets, a lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender forum in Tower Hamlets, have teamed up with Bancroft Library for a talk this evening with writer and editor Roz Kaveney.
The human rights activist, poet, journalist, and cultural commentator will be in conversation with Rainbow Hamlets’, co-chair Jack Gilbert, about ‘four decades of queer life and art’.
The event promises to be personal, thought-provoking, amusing and uplifting.
Chair of the Lesbian and Gay Newsmedia Archive in Spitalfields, Robert Thompson, will kick off the evening by looking at the changing representations of LGBT people in the East End, and nationally in broadsheets and the tabloid press since the early twentieth century.
Doors for the event at Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives on Bancroft Road in Mile End, open at 6pm. Mr Thompson introduction is at 6.30pm and the conversation with
You may also want to watch:
Roz Kaveney and Jack Gilbert starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney