Green business awards looking for Tower Hamlets contenders
The City of London has started a nation-wide search for the UK’s most inspirational green companies.
Last year a Whitechapel based business were one of the winners of the Sustainable City Awards run by the corporation.
Caf� Spice Namaste on Prescot Street saw its chef-Patron, Cyrus Todiwala, run away with the Leadership in Sustainability Award.
In a bid to showcase exemplary sustainable and green performance across large and small UK businesses, this year’s categories include Sustainable Buildings, Sustainable Procurement, Tackling Climate Change and Air Quality.
There is also Sustainable Food category, echoing initiatives such as TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Fish Fight campaign advocating sustainable fishing.
Head of Sustainable Development at London City Simon Mills said: “For the highly commended and winning organisations, this accolade will help them compete for both limited funding and external support, expanding the reach of their programmes as resources become ever-more precious.”
Last year winners chef-patron, Cyrus Todiwala, said: “Customers are increasingly attracted to restaurants that operate in a sustainable way. Winning the award is a real mark of excellence and pride, and proof that sustainability can go hand in hand with commercial success.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
In its ten year history, the Sustainable City Awards has seen a diverse winners ranging from eco-pubs to city companies.
Visit www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/sca to apply. The closing date is November14.