GCSE results: George Green’s School celebrates ‘best ever’ cohort
Pupils and staff are celebrating the best ever GCSE results at George Green’s School in Millwall.
The school also marked the rise in English and maths passes to 68 per cent, with the number of pupils getting 5 or above in both growing to 50 per cent.
Among the high-flyers at the school was Jakaria Khalil, with ten grade 9s.
His parents, Khalil Uddin Ali and Farida Yasmin, said: "We are overwhelmed, excited and very proud of our son and thankful of all the support the school has given."
Principal Jill Baker said: "Our GCSE students have done themselves and their families proud. We've had a fantastic time today celebrating their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
"I was delighted to hear so many are choosing to stay with us for the sixth form, because they recognise that the education and access to sector-leading partnerships is second to none."
Across the school there were 56 grade 9s, 44 grade 8s and 161 grade 7s.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme