GCSE results: George Green’s School celebrates ‘best ever’ cohort
Pupils and staff are celebrating the best ever GCSE results at George Green’s School in Millwall.
The school also marked the rise in English and maths passes to 68 per cent, with the number of pupils getting 5 or above in both growing to 50 per cent.
Among the high-flyers at the school was Jakaria Khalil, with ten grade 9s.
His parents, Khalil Uddin Ali and Farida Yasmin, said: "We are overwhelmed, excited and very proud of our son and thankful of all the support the school has given."
Principal Jill Baker said: "Our GCSE students have done themselves and their families proud. We've had a fantastic time today celebrating their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
"I was delighted to hear so many are choosing to stay with us for the sixth form, because they recognise that the education and access to sector-leading partnerships is second to none."
Across the school there were 56 grade 9s, 44 grade 8s and 161 grade 7s.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom