GCSE results: George Green’s School celebrates ‘best ever’ cohort
Pupils and staff are celebrating the best ever GCSE results at George Green’s School in Millwall.
The school also marked the rise in English and maths passes to 68 per cent, with the number of pupils getting 5 or above in both growing to 50 per cent.
Among the high-flyers at the school was Jakaria Khalil, with ten grade 9s.
His parents, Khalil Uddin Ali and Farida Yasmin, said: "We are overwhelmed, excited and very proud of our son and thankful of all the support the school has given."
Principal Jill Baker said: "Our GCSE students have done themselves and their families proud. We've had a fantastic time today celebrating their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
"I was delighted to hear so many are choosing to stay with us for the sixth form, because they recognise that the education and access to sector-leading partnerships is second to none."
Across the school there were 56 grade 9s, 44 grade 8s and 161 grade 7s.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay