Stebon and Bygrove schools awarded ‘Invest In People’ gold standard
- Credit: Letta Trust
An education trust that runs primary schools in Limehouse and Poplar has been given a prestigious national Gold award for its commitment to its staff.
The accreditation for the Investors in People standard was awarded to the LETTA Trust which manages Stebon Primary in Limehouse and Bygrove Primary in Poplar.
The assessor Matthew Filbee noted that the trust's values of 'aspiration, innovation, equality and generosity' were integrated in its recruitment and selection and was part of "the wider success of Tower Hamlets education over the last 20 years".
The trust was set up two years ago with a mission for 'social equality and justice'. Its chief executive Jo Franklin said: "This accreditation recognises the work our staff do to support one another for the children's benefit."
Investors in People is the standard for managing staff, defining what it takes to lead and manage to measure up to "the best in the business".
You may also want to watch:
The expanded Stebon Primary opened its new £5.5m 'eco friendly' extension in 2015, with its triple glazed insulation, ventilation with heat recovery and brickwork that deflects harmful sunlrays. The expansion to three-form increased its 480 places to 720 to help Tower Hamlets' population set to rise by 20,000 in the next decade.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube