Kids launch food exhibition
YOUNG East Enders gave their peers something to sink their teeth in to by launching an interactive exhibition on food today (Thursday January 27).
Food Glorious Food – the Museum of Childhood’s latest display – looks the role of food in British culture.
By taking childhood memories of much-loved and much-loathed dishes and our relationship with grub, the exhibition aims to get young ones thinking about what they eat.
The interactive exhibition will give young ones some food for thought by using sound recordings and hands on areas – as well as allowing the kids to dress up.
It will also look at how food gets from farms and factories to our plates.
You may also want to watch:
Events include chocolate truffle making and a sing-a-long to musical Oliver! on Saturday (January 29).
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 5 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 6 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 7 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl
- 8 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 9 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 10 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building