Kids launch food exhibition
YOUNG East Enders gave their peers something to sink their teeth in to by launching an interactive exhibition on food today (Thursday January 27).
Food Glorious Food – the Museum of Childhood’s latest display – looks the role of food in British culture.
By taking childhood memories of much-loved and much-loathed dishes and our relationship with grub, the exhibition aims to get young ones thinking about what they eat.
The interactive exhibition will give young ones some food for thought by using sound recordings and hands on areas – as well as allowing the kids to dress up.
It will also look at how food gets from farms and factories to our plates.
You may also want to watch:
Events include chocolate truffle making and a sing-a-long to musical Oliver! on Saturday (January 29).
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids