Kids launch food exhibition
YOUNG East Enders gave their peers something to sink their teeth in to by launching an interactive exhibition on food today (Thursday January 27).
Food Glorious Food – the Museum of Childhood’s latest display – looks the role of food in British culture.
By taking childhood memories of much-loved and much-loathed dishes and our relationship with grub, the exhibition aims to get young ones thinking about what they eat.
The interactive exhibition will give young ones some food for thought by using sound recordings and hands on areas – as well as allowing the kids to dress up.
It will also look at how food gets from farms and factories to our plates.
You may also want to watch:
Events include chocolate truffle making and a sing-a-long to musical Oliver! on Saturday (January 29).
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report