Kids launch food exhibition
YOUNG East Enders gave their peers something to sink their teeth in to by launching an interactive exhibition on food today (Thursday January 27).
Food Glorious Food – the Museum of Childhood’s latest display – looks the role of food in British culture.
By taking childhood memories of much-loved and much-loathed dishes and our relationship with grub, the exhibition aims to get young ones thinking about what they eat.
The interactive exhibition will give young ones some food for thought by using sound recordings and hands on areas – as well as allowing the kids to dress up.
It will also look at how food gets from farms and factories to our plates.
You may also want to watch:
Events include chocolate truffle making and a sing-a-long to musical Oliver! on Saturday (January 29).
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay