Learning about road safety is ‘just magic’ at St Saviour’s Primary school in Poplar
- Credit: TH Council
A magic show is being used to teach children road safety in London’s East End. Peter the Magician subtly introduces the Green Cross Code, finding safe places to cross and travelling sustainably into his stage routine.
Pupils were memorised by the magician’s wily sleight of hand at one performance at St Saviour’s Primary in Poplar.
They couldn’t wait to get home to practice some of the tricks they learned.
Teachers also thought the performance got the road safety message across well.
The School Magic Road Show has been commissioned by Tower Hamlets council’s Road Safety team for children to learn about road safety while also enjoying all the fun of a magic show.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Ayas Miah, council cabinet member for the environment who also visited the school, said: “We are hopeful that running projects like this magic show can educate young children to be wary of the dangers on the roads.”
St Saviour’s teachers are now recommending the show to other primary schools, as part of the council’s ongoing programme to educate youngsters to be aware of dangers in the street.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Schools can get involved with the Magic Road Show by emailing the council’s road safety officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org