Maddy’s invisible groovers ‘go with voom and soul pepper’ at Half Moon theatre
- Credit: Half Moon Theatre
A show about pursuing dreams is being staged for children in London’s East End on Saturday morning to stimulate youngsters’ imaginations by exploring the senses.
Invisible Flash theatre company which works with schools for blind children is staging a family production of Maddy and the Invisible Band of Groovers at the Half Moon in Limehouse, to stimulate their senses through storytelling, puppetry and songs.
The story encourages the young audience to believe in themselves or “go with the voom and the soul pepper”.
Maddy lacks confidence and has had a bad day at school. Her granddad has just moved in and the last thing she wants is to help him unpack his boxes.
But she opens a special box when Granddad lets her into a secret about a girl with portable ears, a piano teacher, vile siblings, an old potato and an owl that drives a bus.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to children exploring their senses and stimulating their imaginations,” Half Moon’s director Chris Elwell said. “It’s important that theatre for young people is accessible for everyone.”
Half Moon holds a free craft session after Saturday’s performance where children make their own memory box, inspired by the show.
Tickets for the 11am performance are £7 at the box office on 020-7709 8900, or download from Half Moon’s website.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 10 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party