New glasses designed ‘on spec’ for opticians by 4-year-old from Bow
- Credit: Scrivens opticians
Here is next season’s ‘must wear’ for anyone with specs—designed by a four-year-old from east London who has her eye on a future in ophthalmic design when she grows up.
Little Sasha Formosa has scooped her first award in a charity competition to design a pair of glasses.
“Sasha was so excited when she heard she was a winner,” proud mum Alison Formosa said.
“She loves anything to do with colouring and crafts, so the competition was perfect for her.”
The creative Year 1 pupil from Old Ford Primary school fought off tough competition with her design to clinch one of five prizes up for grabs in a nationwide contest by Scrivens opticians. All proceeds are going to Alzheimer’s Society.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Deller, manager at Scrivens’ Bow branch in Roman Road, said: “Sasha did a great job with her design. Alzheimer’s is our chosen charity and this was a fun way to engage children and raise awareness of its work.”
Sasha has been awarded the complete collection of Harry Potter books, which her mum things will be ideal when she’s a little older.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances
- 10 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend