New kids’ centre opens up forgotten’ Wapping
A NEW children’s centre has opened to give families better access to local authority services in an isolated corner of London’s East End. Town Hall bosses at Tower Hamlets are turned the official opening into a fun day’ at Wapping children’s centre.
A NEW children's centre has opened to give families better access to local authority services in an isolated corner of London's East End.
Town Hall bosses at Tower Hamlets are turned the official opening into a 'fun day' at Wapping children's centre.
They laid on kids' activities including face-painting, story telling and an entertainer.
Tower Hamlets Mayor Ann Jackson cut the ribbon to formally declare the centre in Chandler Street open, before council leader Denise Jones welcomed families and other guests.
You may also want to watch:
Children's centres are places for the under fives and their families to meet, as part of a child's preparation for the move into school and allowing them to play and learn with other youngsters.
Parents can also get advice on jobs and training opportunities as well as details of child minders available.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney