Paid apprenticeships up for grabs in Tower Hamlets
Fourteen paid apprenticeship leading to NVQ qualifications, in areas ranging from carpentry to customer service, are up for grabs in Tower Hamlets.
Tower Hamlets Homes and its repairs contractor, Mears, have joined forces to offer young people in Tower Hamlets apprenticeships with on-the-job training and a day at college to gain an NVQ.
“These apprenticeships give young people a chance to get qualified, get paid and get valuable on the job experience,” a spoksman said.
The apprenticeships will last minimum 12 months in areas ranging from customer service, business administration or caretaking at Tower Hamlets Homes to electrics, plumbing, carpentry or multi-skills, as well as customer service and business administration at Mears.
The successful applicants will be offered support throughout their apprenticeship, including mentoring, and costs for learning to drive and work clothes will be covered.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested can find meet the employer at York Hall in Bethnal Green from 10am to 4pm on September 29 or visit www.facebook.com/towerhamletshomes or website www.towerhamletshomes.org.uk.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'