Paid apprenticeships up for grabs in Tower Hamlets
Fourteen paid apprenticeship leading to NVQ qualifications, in areas ranging from carpentry to customer service, are up for grabs in Tower Hamlets.
Tower Hamlets Homes and its repairs contractor, Mears, have joined forces to offer young people in Tower Hamlets apprenticeships with on-the-job training and a day at college to gain an NVQ.
“These apprenticeships give young people a chance to get qualified, get paid and get valuable on the job experience,” a spoksman said.
The apprenticeships will last minimum 12 months in areas ranging from customer service, business administration or caretaking at Tower Hamlets Homes to electrics, plumbing, carpentry or multi-skills, as well as customer service and business administration at Mears.
The successful applicants will be offered support throughout their apprenticeship, including mentoring, and costs for learning to drive and work clothes will be covered.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested can find meet the employer at York Hall in Bethnal Green from 10am to 4pm on September 29 or visit www.facebook.com/towerhamletshomes or website www.towerhamletshomes.org.uk.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets