Paid apprenticeships up for grabs in Tower Hamlets
Fourteen paid apprenticeship leading to NVQ qualifications, in areas ranging from carpentry to customer service, are up for grabs in Tower Hamlets.
Tower Hamlets Homes and its repairs contractor, Mears, have joined forces to offer young people in Tower Hamlets apprenticeships with on-the-job training and a day at college to gain an NVQ.
“These apprenticeships give young people a chance to get qualified, get paid and get valuable on the job experience,” a spoksman said.
The apprenticeships will last minimum 12 months in areas ranging from customer service, business administration or caretaking at Tower Hamlets Homes to electrics, plumbing, carpentry or multi-skills, as well as customer service and business administration at Mears.
The successful applicants will be offered support throughout their apprenticeship, including mentoring, and costs for learning to drive and work clothes will be covered.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested can find meet the employer at York Hall in Bethnal Green from 10am to 4pm on September 29 or visit www.facebook.com/towerhamletshomes or website www.towerhamletshomes.org.uk.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs