Paid apprenticeships up for grabs in Tower Hamlets
Fourteen paid apprenticeship leading to NVQ qualifications, in areas ranging from carpentry to customer service, are up for grabs in Tower Hamlets.
Tower Hamlets Homes and its repairs contractor, Mears, have joined forces to offer young people in Tower Hamlets apprenticeships with on-the-job training and a day at college to gain an NVQ.
“These apprenticeships give young people a chance to get qualified, get paid and get valuable on the job experience,” a spoksman said.
The apprenticeships will last minimum 12 months in areas ranging from customer service, business administration or caretaking at Tower Hamlets Homes to electrics, plumbing, carpentry or multi-skills, as well as customer service and business administration at Mears.
The successful applicants will be offered support throughout their apprenticeship, including mentoring, and costs for learning to drive and work clothes will be covered.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested can find meet the employer at York Hall in Bethnal Green from 10am to 4pm on September 29 or visit www.facebook.com/towerhamletshomes or website www.towerhamletshomes.org.uk.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park