Parents enrol for adult courses at school
Parents have been enrolling for free adult courses at a Tower Hamlets school.
A partnership has been formed between Globetown Learning Community and the Workers Educational Association to provide daytime courses for adults, focussing on literacy, maths & ICT. The courses will lead to a recognized Edexcel qualification.
Assessment and enrolment sessions were held last week at Morpeth School in Bethnal Green with all classes fully booked and a waiting list started. More than 100 students signed up.
GLC, who have their own building in the school grounds, provide classroom facilities and recruit adults from the local community while WEA supply qualified tutors.
Other activities organised by GLC starting this month include ‘Skills for Life’ classes designed to improve literacy and social skills and embroidery lessons.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a second run of ‘Made of Money’, an after school programme, set up by the charity Quaker Social Action, to help parents and children communicate more effectively around money matters. During the six-week course families work through issues like budgeting, debt and banking. For more information on courses contact email@example.com or 020 8981 5357.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney