Parents urged to apply early for Tower Hamlets school places
Parents are being urged to get in early to secure secondary school places for their children next year.
Tower Hamlets Council is warning parents to get organised if their youngsters are due to start year seven next September.
It is holding an advice day next Wednesday (September 18) to provide an insight into the admissions process and criteria.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “I’m proud that Tower Hamlets has some of the best schools in the country and choosing the right one for your child is an important decision.
“I hope parents will find the information produced by the council helpful in making their choices.”
You may also want to watch:
The council’s information day is being held at on Wednesday, September 18 at 5pm at the Professional Development Centre in English Street, Mile End.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines