Parents urged to apply early for Tower Hamlets school places
Parents are being urged to get in early to secure secondary school places for their children next year.
Tower Hamlets Council is warning parents to get organised if their youngsters are due to start year seven next September.
It is holding an advice day next Wednesday (September 18) to provide an insight into the admissions process and criteria.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “I’m proud that Tower Hamlets has some of the best schools in the country and choosing the right one for your child is an important decision.
“I hope parents will find the information produced by the council helpful in making their choices.”
You may also want to watch:
The council’s information day is being held at on Wednesday, September 18 at 5pm at the Professional Development Centre in English Street, Mile End.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones