Parents urged to apply early for Tower Hamlets school places
Parents are being urged to get in early to secure secondary school places for their children next year.
Tower Hamlets Council is warning parents to get organised if their youngsters are due to start year seven next September.
It is holding an advice day next Wednesday (September 18) to provide an insight into the admissions process and criteria.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “I’m proud that Tower Hamlets has some of the best schools in the country and choosing the right one for your child is an important decision.
“I hope parents will find the information produced by the council helpful in making their choices.”
You may also want to watch:
The council’s information day is being held at on Wednesday, September 18 at 5pm at the Professional Development Centre in English Street, Mile End.
- 1 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 2 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 3 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 7 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs