Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- Credit: Not Just Sport
Meet Poplar’s own junior “Olympic” team which didn’t make it to Tokyo — but took part in their own 'Games' at Woolmore Primary School instead.
It is part of a summer school for up to 60 children, run by Wesley Driskel's sports coaching company.
He’s teamed up with Woolmore to stage their own competition in football, cricket, tennis, volleyball, badminton and even golf.
They also have arts and crafts for making Olympic torches.
“This summer project is helping many families in such a difficult time,” Wesley explained.
You may also want to watch:
“Families are struggling, so we provide a fun and safe environment — and it’s all free, with hot meals thrown in.”
Wesley’s Not Just Sport company has specialist coaches running PE in schools as well as arts and crafts sessions, currently taking on a Tokyo Olympics theme.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man