Popstar Pixie Lott visits primary school in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Popstar Pixie Lott took part in a poetry-writing session with pupils at a primary school in Poplar during a surprise visit.
The singer songwriter joined pupils at Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School to inspire the young poets to enter a nationwide poetry-writing contest.
The Premier League’s Writing Stars competition is open to pupils aged between five and 11 at all primary schools in England and Wales and the winning poems will be published in a limited-edition book.
Pixie said: “It has been lovely to spend time with the pupils of Our Lady and St Joseph’s and it brought back memories of my own happy days at primary school.
“The energy and creativity that the young people showed with their poetry has inspired me quite a lot, so I hope they also managed to take something away from our time together.”
You may also want to watch:
Children have until December 22 to enter their original poems.
For more information visit plprimarystars.com.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water