Popstar Pixie Lott visits primary school in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Popstar Pixie Lott took part in a poetry-writing session with pupils at a primary school in Poplar during a surprise visit.
The singer songwriter joined pupils at Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School to inspire the young poets to enter a nationwide poetry-writing contest.
The Premier League’s Writing Stars competition is open to pupils aged between five and 11 at all primary schools in England and Wales and the winning poems will be published in a limited-edition book.
Pixie said: “It has been lovely to spend time with the pupils of Our Lady and St Joseph’s and it brought back memories of my own happy days at primary school.
“The energy and creativity that the young people showed with their poetry has inspired me quite a lot, so I hope they also managed to take something away from our time together.”
You may also want to watch:
Children have until December 22 to enter their original poems.
For more information visit plprimarystars.com.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries