Professor Brian Cox hosts seventh summer school in Limehouse
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity scientist, Professor Brian Cox, ran his seventh summer school in Tower Hamlets yesterday.
St Paul’s Way Trust Science Summer School aimed to get 11-18-year-olds interested in careers in STEAM subjects – science, technology, engineering, arts and maths.
It’s hosted by Professor Cox, the celebrity physicist and TV presenter who specialises in astronomy.
Around 600 students attended the school, which took place at St Paul’s Trust Way School yesterday and Here East, in the Olympic Park, today.
There will be a special focus on women in science.
You may also want to watch:
The summer school looks to address skill shortages in the STEAM sector, by inspiring young people using practical workshops, guest speakers and ‘TED’ style talks.
This year saw talks from Professor Cox, engineer Roma Agrawal and astrophysicist Dr Chris Pearson. There were workshops on 3D printing, robotics, drawing with light and engineering for disaster relief.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers