Public invited for sneak peak of new Watney Market Idea Store
The latest Idea Store, in Watney Market, is to open its doors tomorrow (Thursday) giving the public a sneak preview of the venue’s development.
Due to open formally in May, the branch of Tower Hamlets Council’s library and learning service in Commercial Road will replace the existing library in Watney Market.
Members of the public are being invited down to take a look at how work on the store is progressing, with tours of all three levels on offer. They can also quiz architects and officers on the development of the building.
Council chiefs hope the branch will replicate the successes of the Idea Store in Whitechapel Road, which they say attracts 700,000 visitors per year.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets Lutfur Rahman said: “Libraries play an important role in the community, bringing people together by providing a range of excellent services including advice, training, classes and workshops all under one roof.
“Whilst many libraries up and down the country are closing and struggling to attract people through the doors we are bucking the national trend.”
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 4 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today