Queen Mary appoints new vice principal
QUEEN Mary, University of London has appointed a new vice principal.
Professor Richard Charles Trembath will replace Professor Sir Nicholas Wright who is stepping down this summer after ten years in the role.
He will also take on the job of warden of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
He said: “It is a prestigious school and I consider it both an honour and a challenge to follow in the footsteps of Professor Sir Nicholas Wright as warden.”
A distinguished clinical scientist, the professor’s past projects have included a research programmes in genetics supported by the Medical Research Council and British Heart Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently at King’s College London.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United