Queen Mary appoints new vice principal
QUEEN Mary, University of London has appointed a new vice principal.
Professor Richard Charles Trembath will replace Professor Sir Nicholas Wright who is stepping down this summer after ten years in the role.
He will also take on the job of warden of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
He said: “It is a prestigious school and I consider it both an honour and a challenge to follow in the footsteps of Professor Sir Nicholas Wright as warden.”
A distinguished clinical scientist, the professor’s past projects have included a research programmes in genetics supported by the Medical Research Council and British Heart Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently at King’s College London.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape