Queen Mary medical student at Mile End in race to become Miss London
A medical student at Queen Mary University in Mile End has vowed not to give up her studies after reaching the finals of the regional heat to become Miss England.
Ally Saetta, 20, who lives in Bow, is now off to Bootcamp where eight of the 40 finalists will be picked to go forward for next month’s crowning of Miss London.
Ally said: “I’m really excited. Before moving to London to study I was a Miss Hertfordshire finalist and met some amazing girls. The girls are not just there because they are beautiful, they come from all different backgrounds.”
The year three medical student said she was hoping to balance any modelling jobs that may come her way as result of the competition with her studies.
“I’ve worked to hard to get where I am to give it up. I hope to become a GP. I love speaking to people and you get this amazing relationship with patients which you don’t get in hospitals where people come and go.”
You may also want to watch:
Based on a public vote and the lady raising the most money for the competition’s chosen charities eight women will be put forward before the judges cast their final decision.
To vote for Ally: Text “MISS LONDON01” to 63333. Text votes cost 50p plus standard network rate.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
Alternatively, dial 0901 307 1037 and enter 01 when prompted.