Queen Mary’s now ranked in top 100 world universities and top 10 in UK
- Credit: QM Uni promo
The East End’s Queen Mary University of London has been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The prestigious rating comes in the latest edition of the respected QS World University Rankings, released tonight.
Queen Mary’s, with campuses in Mile End, Whitechapel and the City, has risen almost 50 places in the last two years and is now listed in 98th position globally.
“The improvement in our ranking over the last two years is a tremendous achievement,” Principal Prof Simon Gaskell said. “It is evidence of Queen Mary’s increasingly prominent role in global academia, and a sign of being a destination for the very best students, teachers and leading researchers from across the world.”
QM is rated particularly highly for the number of international students and staff on campus who come from 150 countries. It is ranked as the world’s 25th “most international” university for students.
You may also want to watch:
The university is also ranked 19th among UK institutions and 10th in the UK for both research impact and staff-to-student ratio.
The QS World University Rankings are based on 90,000 survey responses looking at 3,000 universities.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 10 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest