Queen Mary’s now ranked in top 100 world universities and top 10 in UK
- Credit: QM Uni promo
The East End’s Queen Mary University of London has been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The prestigious rating comes in the latest edition of the respected QS World University Rankings, released tonight.
Queen Mary’s, with campuses in Mile End, Whitechapel and the City, has risen almost 50 places in the last two years and is now listed in 98th position globally.
“The improvement in our ranking over the last two years is a tremendous achievement,” Principal Prof Simon Gaskell said. “It is evidence of Queen Mary’s increasingly prominent role in global academia, and a sign of being a destination for the very best students, teachers and leading researchers from across the world.”
QM is rated particularly highly for the number of international students and staff on campus who come from 150 countries. It is ranked as the world’s 25th “most international” university for students.
You may also want to watch:
The university is also ranked 19th among UK institutions and 10th in the UK for both research impact and staff-to-student ratio.
The QS World University Rankings are based on 90,000 survey responses looking at 3,000 universities.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided