Queen Mary’s now ranked in top 100 world universities and top 10 in UK
- Credit: QM Uni promo
The East End’s Queen Mary University of London has been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The prestigious rating comes in the latest edition of the respected QS World University Rankings, released tonight.
Queen Mary’s, with campuses in Mile End, Whitechapel and the City, has risen almost 50 places in the last two years and is now listed in 98th position globally.
“The improvement in our ranking over the last two years is a tremendous achievement,” Principal Prof Simon Gaskell said. “It is evidence of Queen Mary’s increasingly prominent role in global academia, and a sign of being a destination for the very best students, teachers and leading researchers from across the world.”
QM is rated particularly highly for the number of international students and staff on campus who come from 150 countries. It is ranked as the world’s 25th “most international” university for students.
You may also want to watch:
The university is also ranked 19th among UK institutions and 10th in the UK for both research impact and staff-to-student ratio.
The QS World University Rankings are based on 90,000 survey responses looking at 3,000 universities.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances