Rapper Wretch 32 to head Brick Lane entrepreneurs event
Chart topper Wretch 32 is heading to the East End to give young entrepreneurs tips on how to make it in the music business.
The grime artist, whose single Don’t Go recently made it to Number 1, will be joining other big names in Osborn Street, which leads onto Brick Lane on September 19.
A panel made up of the rapper, Casualty and Whitechapel actor Jason Maza and songwriter Carla Marie Williams who has penned tracks for Girls Aloud and Alesha Dixon, will be discussing how to crack the creative industries.
The event, Entrepreneurs - The Next Generation, run by social enterprise company CIDA, will be the culmination of a week long programme of classes on pitching, developing websites and sales.
Working in partnership with Base N Rebels Entertainment, organisers aims to give young people the contacts and skills to make the first step into the creative industries.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants will be invited to pitch ideas to the panel and the winning team or individual will be awarded a �500 business start up fund.
Anyone living or working in Tower Hamlets can attend the event, at the Lane Suite, for free.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 7 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 9 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following stabbing in Stepney churchyard