Sally Gunnell pays George Green’s school a hurdling visit...
Former Olympic champion Sally Gunnell paid a flying visit to George Green’s school last week to give pupils tips on how to overcome life’s hurdles.
She appeared at the school’s annual awards ceremony held in recognition of pupils’ academic excellence in this summer’s exams.
“Once you start worrying about other people you get distracted from your goal”, she said.
“The trick is to visualise what it looks like to be first and push all other thoughts out of your head.”
Pupils who had starred in the summer’s exams were presented with awards from the hurdler, who won gold in the 400m hurdles at the Barcelona 1992 Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony went ahead despite head teacher Kenny Frederick’s ongoing dispute with exam regulator Ofqual over changes to the GCSE English grade boundaries which left many pupils disappointed with their results.
- 1 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 2 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 3 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 10 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End