GCSE results: Sir John Cass headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after exam success
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Sir John Cass and Red Coat School enjoyed exam success with 76 per cent gaining grades 9-4.
Great individual achievements include Faiyaz Mahmood, who achieved nine 9s and two 8s.
He will be staying on at the school's sixth form to study maths, further maths, chemistry and psychology at A-level.
Esmeralda Atikpoe achieved seven 9s, three 8s and a 7.
The Stepney Way, Stepney Green school had a Progress 8 score of +0.6.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Woods said: "We are extremely proud of our students who achieved excellent grades due to their hard work, determination and commitment to succeed."
The GCSE success follows strong A-level results, with 73 per cent achieving grades A*-C in their exam results.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay
Mayor John Biggs met pupils at the school on results day and said: "The school has been on a great journey.
"It's been improving and focussing on academic standards.
"The students work really hard and we are really proud of what we have achieved with the school."