GCSE results: Sir John Cass headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after exam success
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Sir John Cass and Red Coat School enjoyed exam success with 76 per cent gaining grades 9-4.
Great individual achievements include Faiyaz Mahmood, who achieved nine 9s and two 8s.
He will be staying on at the school's sixth form to study maths, further maths, chemistry and psychology at A-level.
Esmeralda Atikpoe achieved seven 9s, three 8s and a 7.
The Stepney Way, Stepney Green school had a Progress 8 score of +0.6.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Woods said: "We are extremely proud of our students who achieved excellent grades due to their hard work, determination and commitment to succeed."
The GCSE success follows strong A-level results, with 73 per cent achieving grades A*-C in their exam results.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Mayor John Biggs met pupils at the school on results day and said: "The school has been on a great journey.
"It's been improving and focussing on academic standards.
"The students work really hard and we are really proud of what we have achieved with the school."