GCSE results: Sir John Cass headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after exam success
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Sir John Cass and Red Coat School enjoyed exam success with 76 per cent gaining grades 9-4.
Great individual achievements include Faiyaz Mahmood, who achieved nine 9s and two 8s.
He will be staying on at the school's sixth form to study maths, further maths, chemistry and psychology at A-level.
Esmeralda Atikpoe achieved seven 9s, three 8s and a 7.
The Stepney Way, Stepney Green school had a Progress 8 score of +0.6.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Woods said: "We are extremely proud of our students who achieved excellent grades due to their hard work, determination and commitment to succeed."
The GCSE success follows strong A-level results, with 73 per cent achieving grades A*-C in their exam results.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
Mayor John Biggs met pupils at the school on results day and said: "The school has been on a great journey.
"It's been improving and focussing on academic standards.
"The students work really hard and we are really proud of what we have achieved with the school."