GCSE results: Sir John Cass headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after exam success
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Sir John Cass and Red Coat School enjoyed exam success with 76 per cent gaining grades 9-4.
Great individual achievements include Faiyaz Mahmood, who achieved nine 9s and two 8s.
He will be staying on at the school's sixth form to study maths, further maths, chemistry and psychology at A-level.
Esmeralda Atikpoe achieved seven 9s, three 8s and a 7.
The Stepney Way, Stepney Green school had a Progress 8 score of +0.6.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Woods said: "We are extremely proud of our students who achieved excellent grades due to their hard work, determination and commitment to succeed."
The GCSE success follows strong A-level results, with 73 per cent achieving grades A*-C in their exam results.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
Mayor John Biggs met pupils at the school on results day and said: "The school has been on a great journey.
"It's been improving and focussing on academic standards.
"The students work really hard and we are really proud of what we have achieved with the school."