GCSE results: Sir John Cass headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after exam success
- Credit: Archant
GCSE pupils at Sir John Cass and Red Coat School enjoyed exam success with 76 per cent gaining grades 9-4.
Great individual achievements include Faiyaz Mahmood, who achieved nine 9s and two 8s.
He will be staying on at the school's sixth form to study maths, further maths, chemistry and psychology at A-level.
Esmeralda Atikpoe achieved seven 9s, three 8s and a 7.
The Stepney Way, Stepney Green school had a Progress 8 score of +0.6.
Headteacher Paul Woods said: "We are extremely proud of our students who achieved excellent grades due to their hard work, determination and commitment to succeed."
The GCSE success follows strong A-level results, with 73 per cent achieving grades A*-C in their exam results.
- 1 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 2 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 3 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 6 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 7 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 8 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 9 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 10 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
Mayor John Biggs met pupils at the school on results day and said: "The school has been on a great journey.
"It's been improving and focussing on academic standards.
"The students work really hard and we are really proud of what we have achieved with the school."