London School Games: Manorfield Primary to represent Tower Hamlets in four sports
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Poplar will be sending four teams to represent the borough in an annual sporting tournament thanks to its talented pupils.
Manorfield Primary School in Wyvis Street, will be Tower Hamlets’ representatives for football, netball, basketball and badminton at the London School Games.
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “I am incredibly proud of the children’s achievements.
“They have worked hard, attending training and practice sessions, showing true determination and resilience.
“We are looking forward to participating in many more events, and to hopefully seeing some of our sporting stars on the world stage in the future.”
Pupils have been taking regular trips to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to watch the London Lions basketball team and London Pulse netball team in action which has been heralded as a contributory factor to their achievements.
The school has seen other sporting success with its KS2 girls’ soccer team winning the local inter-school football league while the boys’ team were runners-up in the West Ham United regional finals.
For more information about the London School Games visit londonyouthgames.org/london-school-games.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 8 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget