London School Games: Manorfield Primary to represent Tower Hamlets in four sports
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Poplar will be sending four teams to represent the borough in an annual sporting tournament thanks to its talented pupils.
Manorfield Primary School in Wyvis Street, will be Tower Hamlets’ representatives for football, netball, basketball and badminton at the London School Games.
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “I am incredibly proud of the children’s achievements.
“They have worked hard, attending training and practice sessions, showing true determination and resilience.
“We are looking forward to participating in many more events, and to hopefully seeing some of our sporting stars on the world stage in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupils have been taking regular trips to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to watch the London Lions basketball team and London Pulse netball team in action which has been heralded as a contributory factor to their achievements.
The school has seen other sporting success with its KS2 girls’ soccer team winning the local inter-school football league while the boys’ team were runners-up in the West Ham United regional finals.
For more information about the London School Games visit londonyouthgames.org/london-school-games.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End