London School Games: Manorfield Primary to represent Tower Hamlets in four sports
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Poplar will be sending four teams to represent the borough in an annual sporting tournament thanks to its talented pupils.
Manorfield Primary School in Wyvis Street, will be Tower Hamlets’ representatives for football, netball, basketball and badminton at the London School Games.
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “I am incredibly proud of the children’s achievements.
“They have worked hard, attending training and practice sessions, showing true determination and resilience.
“We are looking forward to participating in many more events, and to hopefully seeing some of our sporting stars on the world stage in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupils have been taking regular trips to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to watch the London Lions basketball team and London Pulse netball team in action which has been heralded as a contributory factor to their achievements.
The school has seen other sporting success with its KS2 girls’ soccer team winning the local inter-school football league while the boys’ team were runners-up in the West Ham United regional finals.
For more information about the London School Games visit londonyouthgames.org/london-school-games.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom