London School Games: Manorfield Primary to represent Tower Hamlets in four sports
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Poplar will be sending four teams to represent the borough in an annual sporting tournament thanks to its talented pupils.
Manorfield Primary School in Wyvis Street, will be Tower Hamlets’ representatives for football, netball, basketball and badminton at the London School Games.
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “I am incredibly proud of the children’s achievements.
“They have worked hard, attending training and practice sessions, showing true determination and resilience.
“We are looking forward to participating in many more events, and to hopefully seeing some of our sporting stars on the world stage in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupils have been taking regular trips to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to watch the London Lions basketball team and London Pulse netball team in action which has been heralded as a contributory factor to their achievements.
The school has seen other sporting success with its KS2 girls’ soccer team winning the local inter-school football league while the boys’ team were runners-up in the West Ham United regional finals.
For more information about the London School Games visit londonyouthgames.org/london-school-games.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum