St Paul’s and Shapla primary schools given £5,000 play area cash boost
Schoolchildren in Wapping are to benefit from a £5,000 cash injection for new play equipment.
St Paul’s and Shapla Primary Schools, both in Wellclose Square, are set to receive £2,500 each following construction work undertaken in their vicinity.
Deputy headteacher at St Paul’s Darren Rubin confirmed the money would be used for new equipment, to be installed at Easter.
“Our playground is surprisingly barren at the moment and there is no play equipment”, he said.
“We are really grateful to have the money as every bit helps and ultimately it’s about creating a space that is really good for our children to play in. We do some lovely things in our school but the playground has been a neglected area and we intend to transform it for the better.”
You may also want to watch:
Premises manager at Shapla Primary School John Lovett said the cash would help pay the bill for a £25,000 renovation carried out last year.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 6 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 7 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job