Tab Centre’s Art for All charity stages art for all at St Botolph’s in Bishopsgate
- Credit: Art for All
Works of art by teenagers and adults with learning disabilities in London’s East End which are soon going on public show in the City include unique collages of life as experienced by the young artists themselves.
Among the works is a collage of London Bridge and the surrounding City created by Paulette Lewis (top picture), whose disabled son regularly attends workshops run by East London’s Arts for All charity.
Her screenprint is one of a collection of works on show at St Botolph’s Church in Bishopsgate next Wednesday evening.
The charity runs regular workshops at the Tab Centre, housed in the Shoreditch Tabernacle in Hackney Road.
The charity’s manager, Caroline Barlow, said: “The project has been a real boost to everyone taking part—they benefit in many ways when you add creativity into their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
The three-hour exhibition, a showcase of its arts mission of inclusion for people of all ages and abilities, opens 5pm on May 28 at St Botolph’s, next to Liverpool Street main-line station.
Arts For All also runs after-school clubs in east London, where its junior painting programme members have held 12 exhibitions so far, including the House of Commons and The Guildhall—and getting all the proceeds from the sale of their paintings.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets