Three quarters of Tower Hamlets pupils offered first choice secondary school
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Almost three quarters of Year Six pupils will be heading to their preferred secondary school in September.
The 72 per cent of children offered their first choice Tower Hamlets school during yesterday’s national offer day puts the borough above the London-wide average of 68pc.
The number of children set to attend one of the top three schools on their list – which could be as long as six - was 91pc, above the London average of 89pc.
Mayor John Biggs said:“With an ever increasing population and a rise in popularity for over-subscribed schools in the borough – allocating places becomes harder each year. Yet this year, we have managed to place more young people in our borough in their first preference school than across other inner London boroughs.
“We have some brilliant schools in Tower Hamlets so it comes as no surprise that places are so sought after. We have shown progress year on year and want to achieve the best results.
You may also want to watch:
“We invest heavily in our schools to make sure they provide the best learning environments for our young people.”
Did your child get into their preferred school or did they miss out? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tweeting @eladvertiser
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets